1000 Friends has created a ten-step platform for achieving a vibrant future, a future that includes the following:
- Maryland has vibrant cities and towns that support large and small businesses and are great places to live for people of all ages and incomes.
- Maryland has a world class transportation system that provides transportation choices for affordable and efficient access to jobs, schools, services, and recreation.
- Maryland has a healthy environment that results in a bountiful Chesapeake and Coastal Bays, clean rivers and creeks, and clean air.
- Maryland has a resilient, diverse and sustainable economy that uses tax dollars efficiently and creates conditions that support job growth.
- Maryland’s rural lands are economically strong and support farms to feed the region, lands for hunting, critical wildlife habitats and recreation.
Click here for the complete vision and our 10 steps to a vibrant future.
Thank you to all the Gubernatorial candidates for making time in their hectic schedules to be a part of this landmark event with 1000 Friends of Maryland and the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. All six campaigns presented how as governor they will address the critical issues of the Bay and smart growth.
The candidates also had a great opportunity to meet so many leaders from across the state and learn more about additional issues they will need to address as governor.
We will be working hard for the next year to make sure these important issues are a part of the campaigns at the state and local level.
The room teemed with press. It was terrific that they saw this as an important event to cover. Enjoy some of the stories below.